Accounts Receivable Clerk
William S. Luken
Laurel, MD 20708│443-812-8149
Senior-Level Billing & Collections Professional
Billing Process | Collections Management | Accounts Receivable
Results oriented Billing and Collections Professional with expertise in all facets of billing, invoicing, collections, accounts receivable and sales development within high-profile corporations. Skilled in collaborating with all members of the organization to achieve business objectives and improve cash flow. Instrumental in streamlining and improving processes, enhancing productivity and further increasing performance. Technical proficiency in MS Office, Access, Quickbooks & Solomon Software.
AFLAC INSURANCE 2016
Independent Contractor / Sales Manager
- Perform cold calls for identification of potential customers.
- Assume responsibility for canvassing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Arrange appointments with customers to demonstrate company’s products, ensuring a high level of enrollments.
- Holder of Accident/Health License (successfully passed exams in June 2016).
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL MAILING Inc. 2004 – 2015
- Oversaw and streamlined billing and collections processes, to ensure maximization of cash flow and timely completion of invoices.
- Managed month close process for billing and revenue recognition including journal entries to accrue or defer as needed.
- Planned and supervised special program/billing.
- Led, train and motivate billing personnel and operations staff to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Validated the accuracy of billing rates and fees in the billing system to ensure agreement with contractual terms and conditions.
- Developed and streamlined billing procedures, to meet office goals, improve efficiency and reduce accounts receivables.
- Reviewed customer returns, billing batches, refunds and adjustments.
- Provided exceptional customer service to internal and external teams regarding client and/or billing inquiries or disputes.
- Collaborate with other personnel for the collection and summarization of billing costs.
- Responded to client billing inquiries and audit letters.
DIABETIC SHOE DIRECT 2003 – 2004
- Managed organization and administration activities to facilitate the smooth running of the company.
- Received, administered and processed all shoe orders for over 25 shoe technicians.
- Assumed responsibility for customer service, ensuring a high level customer satisfaction.
- Ensured collection, filing and maintenance of doctor signed cert forms approving diabetic shoes.
- Planned and monitored distribution of orders to shoe technicians, ensuring timely and quality delivery of products.
- Developed and managed all catalogue mailings and ran system back-up on a nightly basis.
DEUTSCHE POST GLOBAL MAIL 2000 – 2002
Purchasing specialist, 2001 - 2002
- Assumed responsibility for managing orders of office supplies.
- Managed travel arrangements for company’s employees, ensuring selection of cost benefit proposals.
- Administered expense reports for all sales reps (30+) and ensured timely processing for approval and filing.
- Responsible for payroll operations of temporary employees.
Billing Clerk, 2000 - 2001
- Communicated with customers and front office staff to ensure accurate and prompt billing and collection.
- Set up all of the IPC accounts into the Deutsche Post Global Mail billing system.
- Supported the transition of IPC’s merger with DPGM, by training operations facilities’ staff in New Jersey and Los Angeles on the decentralized procedures for invoicing and doing chargebacks.
- Planned and delivered training to billing clerks in Sterling Virginia, ensuring smooth transit to centralization of procedures at the Sterling Virginia headquarters.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAL CONSULTANTS, INC. 1998 - 2000
Billing Clerk, 2002
- Assumed responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility.
- Managed the status of accounts and balances and identified inconsistencies.
- Issued and posted bills, receipts and invoices, checking also the validity of debit accounts.
- Supervised the implementation of chargebacks, training billing clerks on the respective procedures.
- Assumed responsibility for billing of 5 demanding key accounts achieving elimination of complaints and strengthening of positive relationships with customers.
- Awarded numerous times as employee of the for turning the West coast billing around.
- Updated accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments.
- Ensured all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines.
- Responded to customers’ issues and requests, ensuring the provision of satisfactory solutions.
- Administered filing, update and easy retrieval of invoiced paperwork by sales representatives.
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Indiana University East, Richmond, IN
Bachelor of Business Administration, Saint Joseph’s College, Rensselaer, IN