Territory Sales Manager- Washington DC
Kia Paytrina Young
12105 Ivory Fashion Court • Laurel, MD 20708 • (301) 928-9880 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Sales Manager & Market Development Professional
A dynamic Regional Sales Manager and Market Development Professional seeks to bring 13+ years of progressive experience to an industry-leading organization. Proven record in a variety of high-level regional sales management, market development, and sales team leadership positions. Strong history of training, developing, and managing professional sales teams to meet and exceed all company quotas, goals, and timelines. Skilled in account management, region/territory growth, client/vendor negotiations, development planning, sales team leadership, customer-specific planning, sales/marketing material control, competitive analysis, retail merchandising, and more. Diligent and goal-oriented, with the skills, education, and experience needed to make an immediate impact in any fast-paced sales team.
Kelly Foods/Bil Jac Feb2016-Present
Mid Atlantic Territory Sales Manager
- Manage a territory of 80 pet supply retail locations Manage sales contact requests for our customers and provide follow up on leads
- Develop relationships with District Managers, store leaders, Banfield Practice Managers to build champions of the brand and grow in store sales and share of market
- Conduct weekly” Lunch and Learns” to educate store staff on benefits of the brand, overcoming objectives and key differentiators of the brand vs the competition
- Sell against major promotions by securing incremental in-store displays, stackers and clip strips to increase sales
- Train and develop Brand Ambassadors and conduct monthly audits
Valet Waste - Promoted Through Two Positions (See Below) Dec2015-Feb 2016
Regional Sales Executive
- Secure and close prospective clients working with an exclusive base of prospects by cold calling and following up on leads
- Maintain client retention and increase revenue of existing clients
- Build pipeline through developing relationships using networking via industry associations, email, and other outbound lead generation techniques
- Manage sales contact requests for our customers and provide follow up on leads
- Maintain CRM database by inputting leads and updating activity
- Conduct start up orientations/”Lunch and Learns” to review service objectives and opportunities
- Continue to exceed monthly goals and company initiatives
Valet Waste Oct2015-Dec 2015
District Manager of Operations Laurel/Odenton, MD Market
- Hired, managed & trained team of part time, evening service valets
- Developed relationship with property management and key decision makers on-site at 14+ properties
- Managed operating budget and payroll
The Snack Factory – Promoted Through Multiple Positions (See Below) 2010-2014
Regional Sales Manager, Mid-Atlantic Market (2011-Oct 31, 2014)
- Used expert sales management skills to open two new markets (Charlotte and Raleigh) as well as hire and train sales team in those markets
- Managed regional forecasting, sales tracking, and more after being promoted to a large geographic market.
- Managed accounts to grow the dollar volume sales to contribute $6.4M of Snack Factory’s $110M total sales.
- Collected, organized, and analyzed complex sales data to create, implement, and manage regional sales plans.
- Facilitated sales growth/profitability by gathering analyzing data, market trends, and competitive activity.
- Achieved 100% coverage and placement of clip strips outside deli department and gained incremental rack placements by conducting compression sales call with Regional Ahold Deli Director.
- Conducted regular monthly and regional calls with Directors, Distributors, Broker Partners, and others to drive productive participation in sales incentives, quarterly goals, and projects.
Regional Sales Manager, Baltimore/Washington Market (April-August, 2011)
- Earned a promotion from Area Sales Manager to Regional Sales Manager after six months with the company.
- Hired and trained Area Sales Managers on key merchandising standards and fact-based selling techniques.
- Developed interns to support sales initiatives; conducted extensive training on IRI understanding and concepts.
- Maintained and grew expert-level knowledge in all relevant areas to continually develop a productive staff.
- Excelled at all related sales planning, management, account development, and communication duties.
Area Sales Manager, Baltimore/Washington Market (2010-2011)
- Achieved sales goals by territory sales planning, territory opportunity analysis, and selling initiative definition.
- Met 90% of brand growth and annual operating plan objectives by developing customer-specific plans.
- Regularly conducted compression selling to banner’s key decision makers and store-level decision makers.
- Primary point of contact for merchandising and broker teams for local Brokerage Houses Broker Merchandisers and Broker Retail Managers in territory geography and related brand chain initiatives.
- Maintained and grew brand presence by monitoring store level orders and back stock needs to support the business and facilitating incremental points of interruption via racks, displays and shipper placement.
- Supported price promotions and gained incremental order commitments with managers by selling in displays.
- Successfully gained distribution and closed voids in conventional grocery accounts in 90% of the market.
- Provided feedback to assist in developing daily/weekly recap reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Ensured all new chain authorizations were implemented at the retail level.
Campbell’s Sales Company, Washington, DC, VA, & MD
Retail Business Manager 2009-2010
- Regularly met all new item distribution goals while managing a territory of approximately 90+ accounts.
- Reported weekly pricing actions/results at store level to Customer Teams (Shoppers, Safeway & Wal-Mart).
- Monitored/reported on competitive activity to develop category business plans and merchandising activities.
- Developed custom shelf plan-o-grams for key retail customers, primarily at independent grocery accounts.
- Grew and developed productive relationships with key store management and supervisor/director levels to sell category business plans and merchandising as communicated in retail selling priorities.
- Attended store sets, remodels, and plan-o-gram changes to sell on-site against customer programs/promotions.
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Washington, DC
Market Development/Account Development Manager 2008-2009
- Cold called on immediate consumption/on-premises accounts (quick serve restaurants, bars, small convenient stores, lodging outlets, tobacco shops, etc) within a specified, high traffic/tourist area
- Used expertise to review business results with customers to help grow their business as the “Beverage Expert.”
RJ Reynolds Tobacco Corporation, Baltimore, MD
Area Sales Representative 2003-2008
- Established, developed, and maintained 100+ targeted accounts consisting solely of on-premises outlets.
- Regularly increased market share through strategic planning, including “Adult Smokers Under 30” program.
- Delivered share of market growth though sell in & exclusive distribution of Reynolds key investments brands
Odwalla Inc., Jessup, MD - Mid-Atlantic Regional Marketing Coordinator 2001-2002
- Coordinated and scheduled in-store samplings and demonstrations at existing and potential accounts in DC metropolitan market, Philadelphia and surrounding areas to support key sales initiatives.
- Promoted products and established/built brand awareness by partnering with local and national organizations, charities and event.
EDUCATION & Training
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA
Professional References Available Upon Request