Senior Administrative Assistant / Superb Customer Care - Office Manager
Susan M. Gasbarro
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
Highly experienced, motivated and polished Senior Administrator in Financial Sales Support market. Superior attention to detail in the improvement of processes and procedures resulting in significantly increased productivity at both department and Home Office levels will utilze HIGHLY RATED skill-set to obtain the goals of your organization. Expert with customer care, protocol and etiquette having traveled abroad as a military dependent, coupled with extensive experience planning and coordinating seminars and various public relations events. In depth knowledge with numerous computer software programs. Management skills: Project coordinator, liaison, calendar management and creative solutions utilized for an Administrative Manual and Investment / Withdrawal form for nationally known companies. Performance Rated “Exceeds Expectations” with both a Fortune 500 company in addition to another employer. Executed Human Resource duties with great detail on Group, Individual, Life and Health insurance, LTC, 401(k) and other Investment products.
Customer Care Manager (January 2003 – Present)
Charity/ Fundraiser – Philanthropic
Pioneered, coordinated and project managed minority owned retail sales boutique business which assists non-profit businesses and several military installations: Army Air Force Foreign Exchange Service - AAFES, Morale Welfare, Department of Transportation, CMS and area churches with fund-raising, public relations and vendor venues with the sale of Inspirational products.
- Planned, business developed and creatively executed marketing plan encompassing strategic initiatives to penetrate and grow targeted markets using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Management of staff including the following: Trained new staff, procurement of all goods and services, bookkeeping, logistics, IT, phone service, client-purchase orders and invoices, billing, credit card reconciliation, promotional correspondence, equipment maintenance, packaging, shipping, inventory and supplies and providing stellar customer service.
Oasis Staffing - A Financial Strategies Company (February 2012 – July 2012)
Described by owners as achieving the highest level of Customer Service seen in 30 years!
Hirschfeld Management - Tall Oaks Apartment Homes (June 2011 – January 2012)
Achieved the highest closing ratio seen by manager in 15 years!
- Annual Performance Rating: Exceeds Expectations
- Liaison and coordinator between Management, Rental Offices and Tenants
- Management of calendar, multi-phone system, credit verification and receipt of money
- Project coordination of lease signing, apartment showings and maintenance work-orders.
- Created and refined outreach marketing documents using Microsoft Office Suite
Harders Financial Group (September 2009 – October 2010)
Managed business office as liaison, gatekeeper and personal assistant for Million Dollar Round Table Insurance Agent entrusted with complex confidential service issues on Life, Health, LTC contracts
- Researched and provided background information- briefing agent for all meetings
- Designed marketing documents: graphs and charts, reports and spreadsheets using Word & Excel assisting the solicitation of new business
- Utilized advanced administrative multi-task skills to include the following:
- Management of Calendar, import and export of census data
- Transcription and review of letters, reports, memorandums, screened phone calls
- Coordination and submission of all client applications to Individual and Group sales offices
- Reconciled and maintained accounts for accuracy and confidentiality
Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America (December 1998 – October 2002)
401(k) Administrator – Sales Support - Lead
Executed as compliance and contract specialist with a focus on account management administration for the Mid Atlantic division. Self starter position, chief adviser, provider relations representative, coordinator and liaison between brokers and Pensions team (point of contact for internal and external clientele). Production allowed for the hiring and my support of two Brokers, two Benefit Advisers and my training two additional Assistants.
- Manager’s Performance Rating (s): 3 Consecutive years “Exceeds Expectations”
- Researched, analyzed data, processed applications to completion, developed and implemented a new organizational system that streamlined the efficiency of our Pension team
- Produced Proposals and Summary Plan Descriptions using Free ERISA and automated systems to solicit and market the pension products
- Performed as team expert, production and execution of Excel tracking, mail merges and Word marketing material created resulted in team profitability.
- Self taught license procedures (insurance vs. investments) as a cross reference through the mainframe then taught the Home Office investment staff
- Educated, facilitated communication for “several hundred” brokers on the new system to secure licensing permits
- Planned, created and maintained 401(k) Operating Procedures manual
First Command Financial Services (April 1985 – September 1998)
Assisted Senior Registered Investment Representative / Life Insurance Financial Planning Agent achieve numerous, consecutive production goals that were consistently among the elite.
- Assisted, compiled & audited classified confidential financial programs
- Processed expense reports, administered bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and quarterly taxes and tracking budget.
- Coordinated events, travel arrangements and quarterly conference / seminars.
- Created nationally used investment & withdrawal form
Prince George’s Community College, Largo, MD
- Zama American High School, Zama, Japan
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lotus Notes
- Leader’s Training Course (LTC)
- Financial Software - Quicken Finance Software
- Automated Personnel Management Systems - PeopleSoft, FTCS, CMS, CAPS, AMSI, Smart Office, Harvard Graphics, Mainframe, Advanced internet research skills.
- Executrix of Estate for Military Officer
- Typing: 50 wpm.
- Event and seminar planning experience
- Soccer Coach – County Champions U11 boys team