14900 Cherrywood Drive
Laurel, MD 20707
Cell: (240) 764-9418
I am seeking a challenging position with a reputable company where I will be able to utilize my skills, and experiences to assist the company achieve its goals while helping me grow in the process.
- Effective leadership with great communication skills
- Fast learner capable of working independently and as a member of a team
- Loyal and dedicated individual committed to excellence
Florida Memorial University, Miami, Florida April 2007
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Dunkin’ Donuts – Laurel Ft Meade Road, MD 2013 to present
- Greeting customers while offering super customer service attention, taking, assembling and presenting food orders, requesting and receiving payment, operating the cash register.
- Communicate appropriately with fellow team members, treating others fairly and with respect.
- Cleaning in accordance to our company’s sanitary standards including but not limited to: sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning walls, tables, counters, and kitchen and service equipment. Cleaning the customer service area, removing trash, cleaning restrooms.
- Checking stock of products and insuring proper stock levels and rotation.
- Checking equipment to ensure that it is in proper working order, letting the management team know if there might be a problem.
- Backing up other crew members in their jobs, assist in any area to ensure that the food is being prepared, packaged and delivered to customer in a timely manner.
Nova Southeastern University – Davie, FL 2009 to 2010
- Greeting customers of the department, or other personnel of the college, by phone or in person. Assesses customers' needs and explains services, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide clerical assistance such as copying, data entry, typing and filing for departmental and professional staff.
- Working primarily closely with Transcript and Enrollment Verification departments. Assisted with filing requests and receipts, scanning and indexing, and contacting students. Assisted with the execution of Commencement each spring.
- Make deliveries to and from various campus offices.
Aspex Eyewear Inc. - Pembroke Park, FL 2007 to 2008
- Perform day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner by deposit over 400 checks daily, posting checks to various accounts in sets of 30.
- Summarized receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Selling over 12 frames for AMEX promotion (American Express Gift Card) and gas card promotion for customers and reps.
- Preparing package shipment for Fed-Ex, UPS and DHL on a daily base.
- Keeping a daily log of checks received each day and NSF checks.
DCI Property Management - Hollywood, FL 2007 to 2007
Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
- Overseer of 150 properties.
- Responsible for the full accounting cycle from generating tenant rent statements, applied cash receipts, issued and prepared vendor checks by specified deadlines.
- Responsible vendor file maintenance, invoice and payment requisition processing, check issuance and remittance and posted general ledgers to the C3 in house software.
- Processed 100 invoices per week and deposit cash and checks on a daily basis
- Processed and posted over 600 checks and redeposit over 20 NSF (Insufficient Funds) checks weekly.
- Worked closely as a partner with on-site property management personnel and achieved overall property management goals.
- Organized and handled multiple projects and deadlines.
- Communicated with co-workers, management, clients and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
Allstate Insurance Company - Miramar Parkway, FL 2006 to 2007
- Prioritized responsibilities solved problems and organized with no supervision.
- Accepted, screened, and routed telephone calls.
- Resolved routine and non-routine administrative problems and answered inquiries.
- Greeted and directed visitors concerning basic insurance information, activities and administrative operations.
- Processed incoming mail ordered and stocked supplies.
- Entered and achieved claims into the computer system.
- Managed and answered phones/messages and maintain calendars/follow-up systems.
- Maintained mailroom, copy and Fax machines.
- Processed and completed applications for the State requirements for Auto and Mortgage insurance.
- Heavy filing and faxing.
Florida Memorial University - Miami, FL 2003 to 2006 Administrative Assistant
- Assisted the Director of Financial Aid with all duties related to awarding student Financial Aid funds made available to students under the Federal, State and Institutional Financial Aid Programs.
- Audited the Federal Pell Grant Program and making verification checks for needed documents, also assisted parents and students in completing all of their Financial Aid applications and processing applications for Financial Aid recipients.
- Provided administrative support and conducted research, prepared reports, handled information request forms.
- Preformed administrative and clerical functions such as preparing correspondences and receiving visitors and faculty staff from various departments.
- Prepared and maintained records and reports, such as recommendations for solutions of administrative problems, reports, applications and administrative orders.
- Filed, maintained and arranged over 24,000 files for storage, retrieved documents, records, and reports.
- Provided information to Director of Financial Aid, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Purchased, monitored and controlled resources and office supplies worth $3,600.
- Answered and directed over 5,000 calls using a multiple-line system and also taking messages and routed messages to appropriate individuals.
- Maintained a clean and professional look in the office common area.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, QuickBooks, JD Edwards